Contact and outward journey
Outward journey by train
All national and international trains stop at the train station in Bischofshofen (approx. 20 km away). Further, you can take the local train to St.Johann im Pongau (approx. 12 km, 16 minutes by car away). From there you can take the ÖBB Postbus or a local taxi to your holiday accommodation in Wagrain.
Outward journey by car
Coming from Salzburg (north): take the A10 Tauern motorway and drive to Flachau (Exit 66). Drive on in direction Flachau/B163/B165 and at the 1st roundabout, take the 2nd exit.
At the 2nd roundabout, go straight ahead (2nd exit). Then drive direction Wagrain on the B163. In approx. 6 km you will see Aparthotel Steger on the left-hand side.
Important advice regarding your outward journey
- In winter, all the roads are well cleared, but in the case of strong snowfall, snowchains may be necessary.
- In Austria a motorway toll sticker (Vignette) is compulsory (these can be bought at all service and petrol stations).
- Other additional tunnel and toll charges may also apply.
- All passengers must have a safety vest in the car.
- Current traffic advice from the ÖAMTC
- Coordinates to give into your navigation system: